Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Monday, November 7, 2016

ALOHA!

ALOHA!
 This week was really great! It was busy!
 Last night at dinner, we were eating a meal that had little bones that were hidden in the meat. Well, I took a nice hard bite of what I thought was meat and cracked my tooth. There is a long fracture right down the middle of one of my top teeth. I told them that I cracked it and then they said, "That's okay" and gave me a plate of panipopos (Samoan dessert). Gotta love Hawaii. 
 We had a lesson with a family who hasn't been to church regularly in a long time. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and by the end the spirit was so strong. The mom started to cry and we asked, as a family, if they were willing to make having an eternal family a goal. They said that they were and then we asked what some goals were that they could make in order to be able to reach the ultimate goal. The first thing she said was "we need to come to church." We then committed them to come to church every Sunday. It was a miracle. 
   Sunday the chapel was so full that we had to open up the back. Everyone bore their testimonies on the temple, eternal families and church attendance. It was perfect. The Saints are definitely being gathered. I am so grateful for the gospel. It is the refuge that we all need to make it through these challenging times. 
   The gospel is true. The work is great. We are blessed to be a part of it. 


Love, Sister Barber




No comments:

Post a Comment