Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Monday, November 21, 2016

ALOHA!
   First off, so sorry about last week. I totally forgot to send a group email. This week was great! 
  1. We were able to set a wedding and baptismal date with Tunisha and Lexton. They are a young couple that we have been working with a really long time. They are so awesome. They are both very dedicated and optimistic that if they continue to work towards their goals, with Heavenly Father's help, they will be able to obtain all of the blessings that He wants to give them. 
  2. We had so many people come to church on Sunday for the primary program. The spirit was so strong, and I know that many, if not all, hearts were touched. 
  3. I continue to learn every day about the atonement as I see others, as well as myself, make important changes in their lives in order to follow the Savior more closely. 

    As this is the week of Thanksgiving, I have been reflecting a lot on the things that I am grateful for. I am so grateful for the time that I have to continue to share the gospel with everyone. I am grateful for the testimony that I have gained of the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for my family, who has supported me in every righteous desire that I have had. I am grateful for missionary work. For the hope and peace that it brings into the lives of everyone involved. I am grateful for church leaders who lovingly guide and direct us as to the things that will help us find the most joy in this life as well as the next. I am grateful for ward families. I am grateful for the beautiful islands of Hawaii. For the love and aloha that they are filled with. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, who has a plan for ALL of his children. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for his atonement which helps me to overcome weaknesses, shortcomings, sin, doubt, fear, pain, and anything else that may keep me from progressing further towards eternal joy. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church. It is the only church in which we can receive the complete truths and all of the blessings that our Father in Heaven wants to give us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that by reading it, studying it, pondering it,and praying about it, you can gain a testimony of its divinity and truthfulness. It will change your life and it will help you through anything that you may go through in this life. I love you all. I am grateful for all that you do to support me as well as the other missionaries around the world. This work is true. It is so true. 





Love, Sister Sydney Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment