Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Friday, June 17, 2016

ALOHA!
 Oh my.... I have so much to tell you... This week we:

  1. Had a lesson with a drunk Chuukese man. We didn't actually realize that he was drunk until halfway through the lesson, when he started hiccuping and burping a lot and repeating the same thing over and over. Oh.. and when he started blasting a mix of Justin Beiber and Carly Rae Jepson on his stereo... yeah... we realized then that it was probably time to leave. So, we testified, said a prayer and started to leave. 
  2. Had my shoes stolen after a lesson with a drunk Chuukese man. After we walked out the door, I noticed that my shoes were no longer outside their door.... Yeah. We looked for a few minutes and then I gave up. So, I walked back to the car barefoot.
  3. Lost Sister Ogawa's wallet. Well, the next morning, Sister Ogawa and I were getting ready to leave the house and she couldn't find her wallet. So, we looked in the house, the car, the various areas we visited the day before. We even went back to the drunk Chuukese man's house. No wallet.. We still haven't found it, so if you happen to see a rectangular wallet with pink pineapples on it, please let us know.
  4. Met a deaf Chuukese girl. You know, I have always kind wondered why the Micronesian branch and ASL ward were sharing missionaries. It just seemed like there would be an easier option. Well, I think I got my answer this week. We were trying to kidnap a LA member to come to church, but he wasn't home. Iolani, however, was home. Iolani is Chuukese and she is deaf. We communicated by writing in my journal. She told us we can come back on Tuesday. What a miracle! Hopefully she will be receptive to the signing member we bring and also, we hope that MI, the less-active member, will come back as a result. 
  5. Met an apostle of the Lord. Elder Renlund came and spoke to us on Saturday. He is such an inspirational man. He spoke with complete confidence, but also with great humility. It really strengthened my testimony that our church leaders are called of God. 
Well, I am just about out of time. I hope that you are all doing well and that you enjoy this week. I love you all!


Love, Sister Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment