Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

ALOHA!

ALOHA!
   
   This week was something else. 

  1. Sister Whipple and I worked really hard all the way to the end. She is such an amazing missionary. It was so strange to see her leave. It was SO strange to see her & Sister Jolley leave. I didn't cry (which is a miracle ;)) but it did kind of break my heart to see so many of my good friends leave the mission. It is going to be so different without them here. I know that they are needed back home though. I'll be alright. 
  2. My new Companion, Sister Ogawa, was sent to me straight from heaven... oh! I mean the MTC... haha she is seriously such an angel though. She is the most consecrated missionary I have ever met. I hope to be half the missionary she is by the end of my mission. I am so excited to work with her. One of the first things she said to me was, "Even though I am just a greenbean (greenie) I want to be good missionary for the Heavenly Father." I knew right then that my mission will never be the same. It's going to be a great couple of transfers.
  3. So, I got the flu.... like.. really bad.. so we were stuck in the house for a few days. I felt so bad for Sister Ogawa! I kept getting up and saying that we should go work and she would walk me back to bed and say, "Sister, I think you need rest." So I would walk back to bed and be out for another hour or two. The same thing would happen over and over all day. I probably exhausted her. Poor thing. I feel much better now though, so we are back to work! 
  4. Sister Ogawa is already loved by both of our wards. She is just so sweet and innocent that people are drawn to her. She is going to do such incredible things for our areas. I am excited and honored to be a part of it. 
Things are good overall. I have been learning so much about humility and recognizing the direction that Heavenly Father is leading me in my life. I am so blessed. Thank you for all of your love and your prayers. 

   Love, Sister Sydney Barber


No comments:

Post a Comment