Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

ALOHA

ALOHA!!!!
     This week was really wonderful! Here's why:
  • There is an investigator who has been investigating the church for over 7 years. She wants to be baptized, but she is a heavy smoker. She is trying really hard to quit though, and she came to church and LOVED it. She has a lot of good friends in the ward, so that helps a lot too. She's amazing. I know that she will be able to achieve the baptismal goal, if she is really serious about it.
  • There are these two girls who have a really tough family life, but their mom let them come to church. They seemed to really like it. I know that the gospel is just what they need to help them to stay on the right track, so that they can have good lives. I have had to pray a lot about them, because there is only so much we can do. I am truly being tested on my trust in Heavenly Father. I know that he will help them, if we do all that we possibly can.
  • We met with a boy named Tama. He is 11 years old and really likes the LDS church. He is the only one at home, with his parents, now. We have an appointment this week with him, so we are hoping that his parents will be as receptive as he is.
  • Our zone hit all of our goals this week, so we are going to be having pancakes with the Warners. That'll be fun. 
  • Sis. Alldredge and I taught Relief Society. The women really opened up and it was a very spiritual lesson. We have such amazing women in our ward. it may be a small group, but I know that they each make a big difference in the lives of others.
I have been thinking a lot this week about timing. I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father has perfect timing for me. I don't need to stress about time. He will take care of me in His time, as long as I am diligent in what he needs me to do right now. I want to do all that He has sent me on Earth to do, whenever He wants it done. I like to control everything, but being on a mission has really taught me that the only thing I can really control is myself. I have to be content with that. When I am able accept that, I find so much peace, because I know that Heavenly Father is in control of everything else. I have to trust that that means that I will be okay no matter what happens around me, or even to me. I have seen miracles in not only my life, but in the lives of others as well, when we just trust in Heavenly Fathers wisdom and timing. 

I love you all! I hope you are having a great week and that you have a wonderful Easter. 


Love, Sister Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment