Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Monday, March 28, 2016

Aloha

ALOHA!
     This week was really really wonderful. So much happened! Here, let me tell you about it:
  1. This week we met with Savannah &Shanaia (the two girls I mentioned last week) and their mom sat in on the lesson. Then, something interesting happened.. we found out that Savannah and her older brother Toni are already members. So, we had to find their records and everything. The mom softened up a lot though, last time we were there, and said she would come to church with them this week. Kind of a huge miracle, if you ask me. :)
  2. Trisha, the investigator that is a heavy smoker, came to church again and committed to a date. She is going to be baptized on June 5th. I really feel good about that date, because we had her choose it and pray about it. She is so excited to reach that goal. I know that she will hit it, if she continues to keep her commitments to Heavenly Father.
  3. There is a woman that just moved into our ward and she is super inactive. So, we went to find her. However, the address that we had for her was kind of non-existent... So, we decided to try the house number that was closest to the one we had for her. There were some guys in front of the house, and they were like, "Are you looking for someone?'' So we told him,
                      "Yes. Is there a Robin that lives here?" and he said,
                      "Yes. Up those stairs." So we walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. A little boy answered the door and we asked him if his mom was home and he said no. So then we asked if there is a Robin that lives there and he said yeah. Then Robin came to the door....It was a guy... yeah. So, we asked if we could come back and share the gospel with their family and they said yes. Super crazy! Two Robins!
         
  Anywho....
   
         4. We had zone conference and got the Tiwi system installed in our car. Basically, it is a little black box that sits on the left hand corner of your windshield and yells at you if you drive bad. Luckily, I haven't been yelled at yet.... 
         5. The General Women's Broadcast! It was really wonderful!!! I learned so much. I wish some of our investigators would have been able to go. Hopefully they will be able to go to both sessions of General Conference.

  Well, that's all I have time for today. I am so excited for General Conference! I know that it is going to help a lot of our investigators and myself. I hope you are all doing great! I love you all!!


Love, Sister Barber

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Barber, we haven't met but I was Denver's Bishop when he was a Priest. My wife and I are currently serving a,Church Service Mission on the Big Island assigned to the newly created,YSA Branch and teaching Institute in Kona. I've told Denver I'd keep my eyes open for you if you're ever transfered here. We serve with Elder and Sister Dickamore who are terrific. Enjoy your mission cause you'll never have this experience again in this life. Take care and go get um . :) :)

    ReplyDelete