So, There have been some changes. The day before transfers, President called me and told me that the sister who was supposed to be with me needed to go off island, so now I am with Sister Alldredge. She is so great! We are pretty different, but we get along really well. I think it will be really good for me to be with someone who is a lot different than me. I miss Sister Jolley a lot, but we have been so busy! Here are some of the highlights of last week:
- We had so many appointments this week! Almost all of the appointments that we had planned fell through, but we ended up having appointments with other people instead. We met a lot of people who seem really interested. Hopefully some of them will progress as we meet with them.
- We had an appointment with a man named Aki. He is Chuukese. We talked to him about the Family: a Proclamation to the World. He loved it. He said that he is going to read it with his family.
- We haven't heard from Lovelynn since we did the chapel tour Monday... She isn't responding to any phone calls or anything.. I am a little worried, but I know that whatever Heavenly Father's timing is, it is the perfect timing. I am being taught patience, that's for sure.
- The bishop's kids call me Sister Barbie. Something so funny happened at church! The youngest boy saw me right after the sacrament was finished, and he yells: "Mom! Sister Barbie is here!" I tried so hard not to laugh! I think he got embarrassed when people kept bringing it up in front of him, because he didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. hahaha so cute.
- We met with a woman who has struggled a lot since she was baptized. She kind of disappeared a while back, but now she wants to become active again and work towards the temple. I am really excited for her to start making changes in her life. She is so amazing!
- There is so much work to do! I know this transfer is going to fly, which is why there is absolutely no time to waste! Busy busy busy! :)
Well, I hope that you are all well! I will try to send some pictures next week. I need to get better about doing that... Love you all!!!