Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Monday, January 11, 2016

Aloha!

ALOHA!
  Well, this week was another crazy one, but another good one as well! We have been able to contact most of the names that Sister P. gave us last week. A lot of them were in different areas, so we are waiting to hear about how they went. None of the people that we met were interested, but most of them were very nice. We are going to try to go back to some of the houses where no one was home. Hopefully some of them will be interested in hearing more.
 Sister Jolley and I were given the opportunity to speak in both of our wards yesterday. It was really wonderful. I feel more confident in sharing my testimony and I felt that we both were able to speak with love and boldness. I love my companion. Both of her talks strengthened my testimony greatly. I am so grateful for her. We are still facing a lot of challenges in our wards and our areas, but it is wonderful to be able to overcome those challenges with someone like Sister Jolley.
  Withey is MIA. She has only texted back a few times, and that was just to tell us that she was busy.. She is a teenager in high school, so I kind of understand, but it's still a little disappointing.. or a lot. I know that she will come around though, because I know that she has felt that what we have shared with her is true. 
 Tihani never got baptized, because her family wants her to wait until August.. her cousin comes home from her mission then, that's why. We are still teaching her though. Hopefully we will be able to meet with her family pretty soon.
  We met another Micronesian family. The kids are so cute and so good! The mom is very sweet, but not that interested. We have tried to set appointments with her several times, but she never follows through. We are going to try to continue to work with the kids though. 
  Still trying to fill up our teaching pool, but we are also trying to focus on getting less-active members back in church too. Our wards are really suffering, because members are not coming to church. Sister Jolley and I counted 17 adults, not counting the bishopric in one of our wards on Sunday. It was so sad. The members who do go are doing so much. It would be so nice to have more strong, active members in the ward. Well, I know that that is what Heavenly Father wants too, so I know that, in His timing, our ward will grow, if we keep doing our part. 
  Mission life is crazy, but it is so good! Thank you all for your love and support. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Barber
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment