Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Aloha~

This week was really great! 

  • We were able meet so many great people! We walked on Saturday, so we talked to a lot of people. Most of them weren't interested, but we have 7 new investigators, so that's good! We met two Chuukese families and then we met a bunch of kids in an apartment complex. We have set appointments with each of them this week. 
  • We had an appointment with a couple of our investigators, and it went really well! They are an unmarried couple with a little baby. Their names are Travis and Jessica. They are so sweet, but they don't have jobs, so they are living with Travis's mom right now. Travis has so many awesome questions about the church, but he won't commit to anything. He is keeping up with his Book of Mormon reading and prayers though. I am really excited for our next appointment. I think that they have really great potential.
  • We had zone conference on Thursday! It was super awesome! Sister Jolley and I got to give a training on faith, and it went really well. President and Sister Warner's trainings were amazing, as usual. They talked about Elder Holland coming on the 30th and the new mission president that will be coming this summer. I am so excited for Elder Holland to come.. and a little intimidated...but mostly excited.. I am really sad that the Warners are almost done, and that I will have a new mission president the last six months of my mission, but I am excited to get to know them. President and Sister Warner have talked very highly of them.
  • Our wards were small again at church. Most of the people that filled the seats were visitors. The bishops in both wards are working so hard. Sister Jolley and I are trying to be there for whatever they need. It has been challenging, but I feel really good about our areas. I think that we are going to see a lot of good changes soon. 
  I have never been so exhausted in my life. At the same time, I have never been so happy in my life. There is nothing quite like missionary work. I am so grateful that I have this time to learn so much about the gospel, about people, about my Heavenly Father, about the Savior, and about myself. I hope to be able to continue to learn more about those things as I serve. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know that the success we find in our areas is because of the prayers that you offer for the missionaries. I hope you all have a great week!

Love, Sister Barber



No comments:

Post a Comment