Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

ALOHA!!

 Here we go! Another week in the wonderful land of Honoka'a!
  1. This week we were able to meet with one of our investigators who wasn't sure if she had been baptized or not. It turns out she was not baptized, so we committed her to be baptized on the 22nd of October. She is so sweet. She does, however, have an addiction to smoking cigarettes. One of our members is also recovering/struggling with an addiction to cigarettes. So, we decided to take her with us to the lesson. When we walked in, they saw each other and just lit up! They had worked together for over 5 years and were good friends! They instantly connected and now are a great support for one another.
  2. Sister Hwang and I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday. As I wrote my talk, I reflected on my mission. Things that made me want to serve a mission since I was little, things that got me out on my mission, things that kept me on my mission, and things that I want to take home with me after my mission. It was very special for me to be able to share these thoughts with Honoka'a ward. I enjoyed listening to Sister Hwang's talk, in which she made a connection between kimchee and the salt of the earth. Genious, if you ask me. I love her so much. :)
  3. Another investigator that we have also committed to be baptized. She is Pohnpein. She is the sweetest. She is 22 and she told us the very first day that we met her that she wants to serve a mission. So, we told her we could help her do that. As we taught the restoration, she understood it so well and asked the perfect questions. By the end, she was excited to accept the baptismal date and was grateful to have the opportunity to part of the church of Jesus Christ. 
 My heart is so full.. full of gratitude for these people, for the gospel, for the Savior, for my family, and for my Heavenly Father, who has trusted me with this sacred calling as a full-time missionary in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love it. 


  Sister Sydney Barber





No comments:

Post a Comment