Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanks Giving

  Well, this week was something! We had exchanges this week, so on Tuesday I was with Sister Maher. Sister Maher is so fun! We went to see the Davidson family in the evening for FHE. Brother Davidson is not a member, so we have been teaching him the lessons. I had assumed that he had already been introduced to the Book of Mormon, but I quickly realized that the past missionaries had never even challenged him to read it. Sister Davidson said that she had a Book of Mormon she had been waiting to give him, but the missionaries never even brought up the Book of Mormon, so she never gave it to him. I just about fell over! Brother Davidson has been very hesitant about baptism. Our first lesson with him, I invited him to be baptized, but he said that he wasn't ready, and that we were moving too fast. Now I know why! I shared my testimony about the Book of Mormon, and then Sister Maher and I challenged him to read it and pray about it. He agreed to, so now I am praying that he keeps his heart and mind open as he reads and prays. I know that he is close. He just needs to stay motivated. 
 On Thanksgiving Sister Jolley and I went to a Marshallese party!!! They are SO fun! They sang and danced and sang and danced and sang and danced and then sang and danced some more! We just sat and watched, but it was very entertaining! Withy, William, Wilson and Andrew were there, so we got to spend a lot of time with them, which was good. 
 Sister Jolley and I are really hoping that we get to stay together next transfer. Christmas would just not be right with Sister Jolley around.  
 We had Pday today because we went to the temple. It was wonderful, just like always. We are still looking for more people to teach, but we have confidence that we will find the elect as we continue to be diligent! 
 I love being a missionary! I can't believe how much I have learned in such a short amount of time! I am excited to see how much I continue to grow as I work hard and forget myself. Thank you all for your love and support!


Love, Sister Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment