Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Aloha!

  This week we had a lot going on! Here is some of what happened:
  • Sister Jolley and I found out that we will be taking over Waianae ward as well as Makaha, so we will have two wards next transfer. We are both really excited, but we both know that it will definitely have its challenges. Obedience and diligence will be our key to success, I know. We are going to be twice as busy. We are still going to be STLs too, so there won't be a lot of time to spare... SO wonderful!! :) 
  • We were able to get new investigator! His name is Junior. He has been to church a couple of times before I got here, but hasn't been able to lately. He just turned 9, and his mom is a less-active member. They are a Marshallese family, so there is a bit of a language barrier, which is why they haven't really come to church very many times. We met her, and she told us that she really wants to come back to church, and then we talked to Junior and he says he really wants to be baptized. So, he is going to be baptized on the 26th with Withy. 
  • Withey came to church and she told us that she wants to go on a mission! She is so awesome! She just turned 18 on Monday, and she is already trying to prepare herself to serve a mission. She is such an example to me of one of the elect. 
  • We had Stake Conference on Sunday, and the speakers talked a lot about Family Councils. I love this. I know that my family has always tried to do family councils weekly, and I think that it helped us to come closer together. I want the same thing for my future family as well as my family now (my comp). I think that communication will be easier, if we counsel often.
   I love this gospel so much!! I love the people of Hawaii so much!! I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much! I am grateful for the things that they are teaching me as a missionary, because I know that they will bless me in my future as a friend, a daughter, a sibling, a wife, a mother, a coworker, and as anything else that the Lord has in store for me. Thank you so much for your love and support! 


    Aloha Nui Loa! Sister Barber





























No comments:

Post a Comment