Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Miracle May

Hello all! 
I have seen so many miracles and I've only been here for two weeks! I don't even know where to start! 

So I will just start with the baptism on Saturday. This baptism was such a miracle!! The investigator's family had all been baptized recently, but he couldn't because he had some serious things he had to take care of first. We were waiting for the First Presidency to write back to see if he could be baptized. President Warner received a letter in the mail on Tuesday that said our investigator could be baptized, he called us to give us the good news, and then he told us to baptize him on Saturday. Saturday! We started making phone calls and printed out a program and told as many of the members as we could. Of course, since it was such late notice, most of the members couldn't attend, but our district all came, our zone leaders were there, his family was there, and some of the members were there. It was a miracle even that we got everything organized in time. 

Okay. Miracle #2. Ariel. Ariel is a close family friend of our recently baptized convert. She was at the baptism, and has been coming to church with the family. We invited her to take the discussions and she accepted. We have our first lesson with her this week. 

Miracle #3. Rachael. Rachael is a referral from the zone leaders. She is married to a member and her best friend is also a member. We met with her yesterday and she told us that she feels like she has been being prepared for the gospel her whole life. We committed her to be baptized on June 27th. 

We also have another investigator who has committed to baptism, but she still needs to come to church. Rachael is a golden investigator though. She has two little kids who want to get baptized as well, but there are some issues with the father that we have to sort out first. Anyways, the Lord has been so good to us! We are still working on the PMG and Baptism classes, but I am still optimistic! The members are so incredible and talented! They will be a great strength to the work! I know it! I am so grateful for this gospel! I love how it is centered on family, because I know it has blessed my family. We are ALL family, because we are all children of our Heavenly Father, and I want ALL of my family to be able to be together forever. I know that I don't have control over anyone else, because we all have our agency, but I do have control over myself. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father directed me towards a mission, so that I can at least try to help others be blessed by this gospel. 

Some other news on the side. There has been talk of a hurricane that is supposed to hit soon. I don't know if it is actually going to happen, but we have been asked to prepare anyways. I haven't heard anything else about it, but yeah. Anyways. Just something interesting. 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your letters and support! 

Love, Sister Sydney Barber





















No comments:

Post a Comment