Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hello



Hello all! I have so much to tell you!! Last week we went hiking as a district. The hike was to this lookout spot, but we didn't make it all the way, because it started pouring down rain about halfway through. It was a blast though!

Spiritual Experiences:  The Mendez family, the family that was baptized just a while ago was going through some really big challenges this past week, but they were amazing as they pushed through them. At the end of the week Sister Soriao and I were talking with them, and their faith has only grown as they have struggled. They are such an example to me.
 Another family, who has been taking care of the Mendez family, just found out that they have a week to get out of their apartment, because the owner wasn't paying their rent. The husband is on the Mainland right now, so the wife has to do everything. We went to help her pack, and she started getting kind of teary-eyed. I feel bad, because she does so much for others, but she is strong and she knows that she will be taken care of.
 The investigator that I said we may need to drop has started progressing again! When I went on exchanged, Sister Lea'Toa and I went to visit him, and he really was touched by our message. He even said that his neighbor is also looking for a religion and asked if he could come to the lessons. We are so excited!!
 One of our less-active members just got her temple recommend renewed and is coming to church every Sunday, so that is pretty exciting as well!
 Also, Rachele is going to be baptized on July 12th! We have seen so many blessings and miracles!!!

Funny Experiences:  I got Kati Stone's wedding announcement in the mail, so that was pretty exciting! Her fiance looks a lot like an Elder from my district, so my roommate and I teased him a little about it.
We had stake conference and a little 7-year old boy went up to speak. His talk was about how he knows that Jesus loves him. He would say something and then sing part ofa primary song to go along with it. About halfway through he started crying, but he kept on going! It was one of the cutest things that I have ever seen in my entire life.
Sister Soriao had a dream the other night, and she was trying so hard to describe what happened in it, but she kept pronouncing things weird. She was trying to say that "there was a river and it was starting to flood," but I heard, "there was the reaper and it was starting the blood." Kind of gory, but it was hilarious. 
We have had a lot of funny experiences while tracting. A lot of people try to pretend like they don't hear us when we are talking to them, and they flat out ignore us. One lady pretended like she had a phone call. The funniest time though was when we saw an old lady across the street, so we started walking over to talk to her. She saw us and started speed walking down the street, almost running. Sister Soriao sped up and basically ran up to her, and started talking to her. She didn't notice that she was walking on a bed of thorns though, so as soon as the thorns started poking through her shoes and she had to stop, the woman took off again. It was so funny. 

I have learned so much this week! This is the last week of my first transfer, and I feel like a completely different person. I love this gospel, and I have seen the change and the miracles that come from taking it seriously. I want to live every day as if the Savior was standing right beside me. He is so real. His atonement is so real. His love for us is so real. He is our brother and he has done everything for us. I am so grateful that I have this time to give my brothers and sisters here in Hawaii the opportunity to also come to know those things. 

I love you all. Until next week! 




Love, Sister Sydney Barber




















No comments:

Post a Comment