Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ALOHA!
   This week was really...good. :) We said goodbye to Sister Kaitaua on Tuesday morning and then went to work again!
  • We did service at a library for one of the members! It seemed like it took forever, but it looked really good afterwards! 
  • We had a lesson with Linsel and we taught about the Law of Chastity. She told us that she was going to talk to her boyfriend and get married, because she knows that the church is true and that she needs to get baptized. So golden. :) Her 15 year old daughter also wants to get baptized. Their family is so awesome. 
  • Richard, one of our investigators in Kahala, was supposed to get baptized last week, but he got back from China later than expected, so we changed it for this week instead. He is so awesome. He has really grown so much as he has lived the gospel. 
  • We were able to meet with a lot of new people this week who have a lot of potential! That's always exciting! Transfer news is this week... I am really nervous, like always, but I know it will all be good. I am hoping I can spend my last two transfers in this area, but I know that I will love my next area, if I get transferred. 
  • Sister Ogawa is as amazing as ever. I continue to learn from her every day. 
  I have been thinking a lot about the Savior's way of teaching. He was so good at being bold and loving at the same time. He never condoned sin or wrongdoing, but he was understanding of people's weaknesses as human beings. He did not allow himself to become angry or frustrated with the flaws and ignorance of those around him. He was patient and loving. The perfect teacher. The perfect friend. 

  I know that this gospel is true. It is the only way to return to God with our families. If we live it to the best of our ability, we will be blessed and we will be saved.

 I love you all!!


Sister Sydney Barber



No comments:

Post a Comment