Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Waiane

  ALOHA! I am short on time today! I am so sorry! Here is a quick overview of what my week looked like:
  1. Elder Holland came! I shook his hand and stared into his eyes... I thought that my heart was going to blow up. He is so amazing. He talked to us a lot about the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for that. The Book of Mormon is really truly my favorite book. He made it even more so when he talked about it. 
  2. Sis. Jolley and I are teaching a lot of people right now. I will tell you more about them next week. I promise!
  3.  Sis. Hwang and Sis. Smith are awesome! I didn't know  how I would like sharing a pad with them, but I really love it. They are so much fun.
  4. I miss Makaha. But I love Waianae.
  5. Sis. Jolley and I have been eating with the members. So awesome!
  6. I have almost finished reading the Book of Mormon for my 2nd time on my mission. 
  7. I have had a lady in Makaha ward tell me every time I see her that I need to use a special cleanser for my acne... love her to death.
  8. I really REALLY love the work. My testimony is growing every day and my conversion is constantly deepening. 
   Final thought: If there is anyone who is wanting to serve a mission, but is still unsure, this is my advice: study the scriptures every day, search for your answer in the scriptures and from the words of the prophets, read your patriarchal blessing with a new perspective, and get down on your knees and talk about it with your Father in Heaven. There is so much joy and peace that comes with serving a mission. It is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my entire life, but I have grown so much, and I have seen the Gospel of Jesus Christ work miracles in my own life, as well as the lives of others. I love you all and I am grateful for your love and prayers.


Love, Sister Sydney Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment