Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hello there!! This week was really great! Here's why:
  • Sister Jolley and I are just having the best time together! It's really great when you can have a blast with your companion, while working hard! I have been so lucky for the past 6 months! All of my comps have been so awesome! Anywho, Sister Jolley is great. :)
  • We got to check planners and area books for the other missionaries during interviews! It took forever, but we got to talk with Sister Warner, so that was fun. :)
  • Sister Jolley and I were trying to contact a referral and the person had moved away, but the girl that was there instead told us that she wanted to be baptized. So, our first lesson with her is tomorrow! Her name is Withy. She is 17 years old and Marshallese. Her cousin wants to be baptized too! She's a little bit younger. They are both so cute and so prepared! 
  • During ward council, the 1st counselor  was eating a triscuit and he fell asleep when it was halfway in his mouth.. Sister Jolley and I just looked at each other and tried not to laugh. It was so hard though, because he was so out! Then he woke up and just started chewing again, like nothing happened! It was Hilarious!
  • Something cool: Sister Jolley and I went to lunch, so we didn't have to go home, and there was a less-active member from the Nanakuli ward that ended up being our server, so we talked with her and left her our number, then at church the next day, she walked in and flagged us down! She was there with her husband and kids! Then, the Elders were telling us that that was the first time she had been to church in a super long time! I thought that was kind of neat. I hope she keeps going.
  • Then, this morning we played an awesome game of bball with the Elders! I lost....
 Overall, it was a pretty great week. Something I have been thinking about a lot lately is how the elect are truly out there, and how they are just waiting for the gospel. I remember being a bit skeptical at the beginning of my mission, but now I know for sure that it is true. 100% true. I have been so blessed to meet so many of those elect as I have been diligent in my searching. I have been amazed at the direction the spirit gives us, when we are worthy, and willing to listen with our hearts and our minds. The spirit should be our best friend, because it will never lead us astray and it will always help us to make decisions that will bring us the most happiness! 

I love you all! I hope you all have a wonderful week!


Love, Sister Barber


No comments:

Post a Comment