Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hello!

Hello my dear family and friends! This week was super insane, but in the best way possible. Here is why:

  1. Temple: We went to the temple on Tuesday, which was awesome! The thing is that we lost our gas card, so we went with the Samoan sisters. It was fun, but Sister Blackner and I were soo tired. It was a really beautiful session though. The spirit was definitely there.
  2. Tsunami: We had a tsunami warning. Sister Blackner and I got out of an appointment and we had 5 voicemails from different missionaries saying that there is a tsunami coming and that we are to meet at the Newtown chapel. Well, here is the crazy part: the phone calls were from 2 hours earlier, we were on less a half a tank of gas and our phone died. So.. yeah.. at least we know how to be better prepared now. It was hilarious though. I came into our bedroom and Sister Blackner is on the ground packing a bunch of skirts. I was like, "Umm.. Sister... I think that you had better just grab some pants and go. I don't know that skirts will be the best choice if a tsunami does hit. We laughed and then drove to Newtown. Well, the tsunami never hit us, so we were able to go back to our areas and all was well. It was quite the experience though. 
  3. Kim: On Friday morning we had an appointment with Kim. We have officially set for her to be baptized on the 17th of October. We are so happy for her! She is such a wonderful lady! 
  4. Transfers: I am staying! Thank goodness! I love Sister Blackner, and we still have so much work to do here. I really wanted to continue to be a part of it. I love my area. :) A lot of my good missionary pals are leaving now though. Oh well.. until we meet again. 
  5. Sacrament Meeting: Sister Blackner and I almost cried our eyes out in sacrament meeting on Sunday. Almost every less-active member that we have been trying to get to come to church every week came! It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It really filled my heart with love for our Father in Heaven as well as a deeper appreciation for this gospel. 
Well, I wish I had time to write more, but I have to get going. We have a lot to do today. I love you all. I am growing so much and I am starting to see glimpses of the person that I am supposed to become. I still have a long ways to go, but I am determined to put my whole heart into this mission and serve honorably to the end. I hope all of you have a wonderful week!


Love, Sister Sydney Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment