Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Obedience

Hello!! So sorry that I am a day late! My companion and I had something come up yesterday, so we didn't have much of a P-day. We got to email today though, so that is good! The internet here is really bad though, so I am sorry for not responding to individual emails!
Next week I will!
 So there is not a whole lot to update other than we have a new investigator from China! She is super sweet and seems very receptive.
I am excited to continue to meet with her. She is wonderful! Anyways, this week, something that I have really come to realize, is that obedience is so much more important than I ever thought before. I read an article in the Ensign about how the people who eventually leave the church usually end up leaving because they have stopped doing the small things, like scripture study, prayer and attending church. If you are struggling with your testimony, the last thing you should do is to stop living the gospel. The first thing you should do is make sure that you are living the gospel. If you aren't, then start living it. If you are, as far as you can tell, look for ways that you can live it even more.

I have also been thinking about how the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion, because if the Book of Mormon is true, that means that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, which means that the church is true. If you stop reading the Book of Mormon, you will lose your testimony of it, and you will eventually question the church as a whole. In order to stay converted, you must constantly study the Book of Mormon as if you were reading it for the first time. Continue to gain new knowledge and understanding from it. That is something that I am trying to do. I have started the Book of Mormon over again, and I am reading a chapter every night. Before I start each chapter, I take a sticky note and write down a question that I have. Then, as I read, I answer the question. After I read the chapter, I write down how I can apply the answer that I received to my missionary work. I have seen a difference as I have really tried to apply every chapter of the Book of Mormon to my life. It's amazing to see what I have overlooked every time I have read it.

We have been given so much from our Heavenly Father. The steps to living the gospel are simple and plain. We just need to make sure that we are always keeping them fresh in our minds. The little things are important. Pray always, read the scriptures and go to church. Keep looking for further knowledge and light as you do those things, and I promise you will receive it. I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful week!


Love, Sister Sydney Barber

                                       P-day picture with Sister Soriao and Elder Mabey

No comments:

Post a Comment