Sister Sydney Barber

Sister Sydney Barber
Sister Sydney Barber

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Well, this week was interesting

Well, this week was interesting. Our ward mission leader, Brother Iosefa, had us over for dinner on Monday night, and we had a great time. We always have such great spiritual discussions over there, as well as some good laughs. They are so much fun! Brother and Sister Iosefa are like family. They are the best. 
Tuesday we had zone conference all day. It was really great! President and Sister Warner spoke, and then the new/dying(departing) missionaries all bore their testimonies. It was wonderful. 

Wednesday we had a lot of lessons. We were all over the place. It was a great day! We weren't having too much luck with new investigators, but then Thursday, we received a referral. His name is Junior. He was studying to be a minister, but then he has been studying some other christian faiths. He is a very sweet man, and he is very humble. He is engaged to a member of the church, so she is bringing him to the ward on Sunday. I am excited for him and for those that will be able to meet him! 

Friday morning I woke up with a bad stomach ache, which led to throwing up all day, which led to staying in bed for two days. It wasn't fun, and it set us back quite a bit, but luckily I am now fully recovered.

 On Sunday, the Suaava family spoke about ordinances and covenants. It was really neat! All five kids and both parents spoke. It was cool to see them all get up and speak. Rachel was there with her two kids and her husbands two kids (her husband was out of town). It was so wonderful to see her there. She is great! Junior and his fiance were there as well. We sat by the Dortch family in sacrament meeting. Lana, the youngest, sat by Sister Soriao and me. During the sacrament, I had my eyes closed, and I heard her whisper to Sister Soriao, "Is she sleeping? Why is she sleeping?" She's just super adorable. I can't say much more. :)

I am so excited for another week! Time has been going by so quickly! I hope that this week will be more productive. I'm sure it will. :) We have exchanges tomorrow, so that will be fun, and then we have service too. I am learning so much! I love this gospel! I love the change I have seen in people as they have accepted it and started living it. I love you all! I hope that you have a wonderful week and stay safe!!

Aloha!


Sister Sydney Barber 

 Zone Confernce

 Companions

 Prayers


Exhausted





Wild Boar

No comments:

Post a Comment